Contact Lubbock, Inc. is currently using the Bullies2Buddies curriculum. This program is a Pro-Active approach to bullying. The program turns victims of bullying into confident and strong students in charge of their own lives.
We are providing an action plan based on the Bullies2Buddies program along with a common sense approach to stop bullying.
Please contact our office at 806-765-8393 for additional information.
A PRO ACTIVE PLAN FOR LIFE
Golden Rule: Treat others as you would want to be treated.
1. REFUSE TO GET ANGRY.
2. TREAT EVERYTHING THAT IS SAID AS THE WORDS OF YOUR BEST FRIEND.
3. DON'T BE AFRAID OF BULLIES.
4. DON'T ATTACK THE BULLY. PHYSICALLY OR VERBALLY.
5. DON'T TRY AND DEFEND YOURSELF.
6. DON'T TELL ON THE BULLY (Unless there is a Real Threat).
7. SHOW THAT YOU ARE HURT BUT NOT ANGRY.
8. TALK DIRECTLY TO THEM. LOOK THEM IN THE EYE.
9. DON'T TATTLE ON THE BULLY.
KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!
1. STAY IN CONTROL!
2. DON'T LET YOUR FEELINGS DICTATE YOUR ACTIONS!
3. STAY CONSISTENT!
4. KEEP DRIVING YOUR CAR!
5. KNOW YOUR DESTINATION!
6. DON'T REACT IN ANGER…ANGER IS THE FIRST STEP TO LOSING!
7. TAKE RESPONSBILITY FOR YOUR OWN FEELINGS AND PROBLEMS!
8. DON'T BLAME OTHERS FOR YOUR FEELINGS OR YOUR PROBLEMS!
9. MAKE DECISIONS BASED UPON THE TRUTH, NOT YOUR FEELINGS.
10. HAVE AN OBJECTIVE OUTLOOK.
11. CHANGE YOUR THOUGHTS AND CHANGE YOUR ACTIONS!
12. CHANGE YOUR ACTIONS AND YOU WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!
13. WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS GO YOUR FEELINGS WILL FOLLOW.
14. IF YOU THINK POORLY OF YOURSELF YOU WILL TREAT YOURSELF
POORLY AND ALLOW OTHERS TO TREAT YOU POORLY.
1. RUMORS ARE THE MOST COMMON WAY KIDS TORMENT AND UPSET
2. KIDS ARE OFTEN DESYTROYED EMOTIONALLY BY RUMORS.
3. IF THE RUMOR IS TRUE THEN ACKNOWLEDGE IT IS TRUE.
4. ACKNOWLDEGEMENT GAINS RESPECT.
5. DENIAL CAUSES A FRENZY AND MAKES PEOPLE WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT MORE
AND SPREAD THE RUMOR.
6. ALWAYS SPEAK AND WRITE THE TRUTH!
1. WORDS MATTER AND LIVES ARE CHANGED BY WORDS!
2. IF YOU DO NOT WANT THINGS SAID ABOUT YOU DO NOT SAY THEM ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE.
3. NEVER WRITE OR SAY THINGS OUT OF ANGER.
4. BEFORE YOU SEND A MESSAGE ASK YOURSELF:
5. IS IT TRUE?
6. IS WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY NECESSARY?
7. ARE THE WORDS KIND?
THE MESSAGE HAS TO PASS AT LEAST TWO OF THE QUESTIONS
IN ORDER FOR IT TO BE OK TO SEND.
8. IF SOMEONE IS BULLYING YOU ON YOUR SOCIAL NETWORK
CONSIDER DELETING AND BLOCKING THE BULLY FROM YOUR SITES. START ANOTHER MORE PRIVATE PAGE ALLOWING ONLY THOSE YOU KNOW WELL AND TRUST TO BE YOUR FRIENDS.
9. NEVER BECOME A PART OF BULLYING BY FORWARDING HARASSING OR DEROGATORY MESSAGES.
IT WILL TAKE MORE THAN ONE TIME TO FIX THE PROBLEM YOU MUST STAY IN CONTROL AND NOT REACT TO WHAT IS BEING SAID.
THE BULLY WILL TRY HARDER TO MAKE YOU REACT. IT IS UP TO YOU TO STAY GROUNDED AND ON TARGET. PRESS ON WITH A POSITIVE AGENDA.
"They may forget what you said,
but they will never forget how you made them feel." --Carl Beuchner
Here are some useful resources to help stop bullying:
This excellent article by Jessie Klein, Special to CNN, is well worth studying. During the last two decades, she's led high school guidance programs and has served the students in many capacities. Please watch this CNN interview and read what she has to say about how schools need to address the social problems associated with bullying.
HOW TO PREVENT CYBER BULLYING.pdf
This is the pro-active, common sense approach to stop bullying based on the Golden Rule. The program turns victims of bullying into confident and strong students in chare of their own lives. We would like to introduce you to the Bullies to Buddies Victim-Proof Your School program. It works because it is based on universal wisdom and well-established principles that are taught by every major school of psychology. It is a truly democratic system because it promotes Freedom of Speech, the cornerstone of democracy.
Here is a pledge against bullying, harassment, and cyberbullying for you and others that's based on the Golden Rule and derived in part from the Megan Pledge.
TEEN TRUTH: BULLY is an explosive, student shot film that forces its audience to think differently about bullying and school violence, telling the truth, and the impact we have on each other every day. After having been viewed by over 1.7 million people, it has been regarded by students as a must-see Anti-Bullying film.
The author Brenda Poage created the character "Ima Nobody" as a reflection of herself in her early school years. Brenda wanted to face the issue of bullying in a fun, creative way to get kids to question both sides of the issue. This link will direct you to an article written by Brenda Poage for Seen Magazine.
This is a FREE Kid friendly website
www.bullycide.org and this video